Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Northern Travels: St. Charles, IL


This past weekend, we made the trip north to visit my folks. This is a pretty big deal for us, as we don't travel much (our last over-night trip anywhere was when we made the same voyage at Thanksgiving). With two young kids, there is so much involved in staying anywhere for any period of time longer than, oh, say, an hour. The kids did well, we got to visit with everyone, including my brother, who travelled over from Indianapolis. We stayed through Monday morning, and left about 8:00. This is one of the perks of teaching solely online: no set schedule. We drove home on Monday (when I would typically be in class) and got home around lunchtime. We ate some lunch, unpacked, put the girls down for their naps, and I spent some time working with my classes. 

No comments: