Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Summer Vacation

The real summer vacation is just beginning. Yes, I can still say that I get a summer vacation, but only because of my profession. The summer course that I had been teaching over the past eight weeks came to an end last Thursday, and I submitted my grades yesterday, and this means that the summer work is done. The best part of my job, by far, is that everything begins anew. In the classroom, I am free to try new things, develop new projects, and take chances with how I bring material into the class because I know that in a few weeks, or months in the fall and spring semesters, that section of the course will be over and a new one will begin. So what will I do with my newfound free time (ha! don't forget we've got an infant over here!)? I took a few days off, but I will begin redesigning my writing courses and revisiting what worked and what didn't in preparation for the fall semester that's just a few short weeks away. I love the new beginnings.

Technorati Tags
,,

No comments: