Thursday, January 3, 2008

Let the Caucus Begin


For the first time in my life, I am very excited about the beginnings of the election process for the next President of the United States. Tonight marks the Iowa caucus, which in itself seems a bit overly complex, but the process is interesting nonetheless. The race, at this point, seems too close to call, but as you can tell by the picture, I am pulling for Barack to make strong showing. There's something about him that appeals to me, although I couldn't tell you what it is, exactly. When he speaks, though, he is captivating. When I taught up at Moraine Valley Community College, Barack Obama came to campus and spoke one Friday morning. I saw it via cc TV, but it was thrilling -- the whole day was. Good luck tonight, Barack.

1 comment:

Michael Leddy said...

Same here, Jason. I've never paid this much attention, this early. I've never given $$ or made calls for a candidate before this election either. Right now Barack's ahead -- 35% -- with 71% of precincts reporting. Go, man, go!