Friday, October 19, 2007

Great New Technological Tool


I found just what I was looking for. In watching a video created by a sociology class at Kansas State U, in which they were devising an ethnographic study of the you tube culture, I noticed that they kept using screen shots, but not just regular screen shots -- these shots were moving pictures of what was actually happening on the computer screen that they utilized. Somehow, they had captured the display as it was during a web search, typing a document, and editing the video. It amazed me, and is something I can see several uses for next semester when I teach my entire course load online. For an example, you can click here and watch this blog posting as I composed it! The tool is called JING, and you can learn more about it here.

All in all, this technology is amazing. If you happen to teach, and are reading this, can you see uses for this in your classes?

No comments: