Water, people, I am talking about water. Elena forwarded an email to me about how important it is for the human body to consume enough water during each day. The tricky part is knowing how much water is enough. Zonya Foco, a registered dietician, explains that a person weighing 150 pounds should drink 75 ounces of water a day (Drink ½ ounce a day for every pound you weigh).
She also lists these questions about the role water plays in the human body, which surprised me.
- T or F Staying sufficiently hydrated can reduce the risk of breast cancer by 79%.
- T or F The risk of bladder cancer drops 7% for every 8 ounces of fluid you drink.
- T or F Five or more glasses of water each day may be better for your heart than aspirin.
- T or F Just 1-2 percent fluid loss strains your heart and entire cardiovascular system.
- T or F As many as 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
- T or F As a rule, you are mildly dehydrated when you wake up.
These are ALL true! See here for more info.