Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Passing the Time

So we've been playing some Scrabble recently -- mostly at night after N has gone to sleep. I have been on a roll, winning many games, but the strange thing is not that I've been winning so much (there was one summer where I couldn't beat Elena to save my life), but that we've tied twice in about five games! Ties in Scrabble? Are you kidding me? TWICE??

We got on the Scrabble kick after watching the documentary Word Wars, which follows four professional Scrabble players as they move through the season of tournaments for a chance to play in the national tournament. Interesting movie with memorable characters. Ordinary players, even good ones, wouldn't stand a chance.

3 comments:

crewof5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crewof5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crewof5 said...

Ahem...you haven't won THAT many games! Don't forget "oaken" and "alure"!