Friday, October 31, 2008

So Dark So Soon?

Yesterday was the day I planned to cut the grass, hopefully for the last time this year. I started cutting at 5:30, after we ate dinner, and was barely through with our tiny backyard when I noticed that it was getting fairly dark. And as I continued cutting, the darkness grew, and within 45 minutes, all sunlight was gone -- it was dark, and I was almost finished ... but not quite. I ended up finishing the front yard in the dark, with the help of the streetlights and our front porch lights. As I was cutting, I kept thinking of the impending Daylight Savings Time, that I usually cherish. But this year, with the help of M, who has been waking up between 4:15 and 5:00, DST should be extra fun. As you enjoy your extra hour of sleep, think of me, who will be awake between 3:15 and 4:00 a.m. Sunday morning.

No comments: